Thank you for your support of the running costs of the Baptist Northern Association.
Account Holder: Baptist Northern Association
Account Type: Current
Bank: First National Bank
Branch Code: 250841
Account Number: 51391139785
The Giving Story
When it comes to money, some things just need to be said…
- We are solely dependent on giving. So even though we have an annual membership fee for churches and that we recommend that churches give a regular monthly amount. This can be a fixed value or a proportion or the church’s income.
- Deposit into the right account. This may sound like a stupid point but you would simply not believe how many times things go wrong (okay, maybe you would). As described above, each department, colleges, union and association have different bank accounts, so pay the right one.
- Send a delegate to attend the meetings to see how the money from your church is being used. We are to be good stewards of what God has entrusted to us. This means money is not given without some form of accountability.
- Don’t deposit cash. Many people don’t know that the bank charges on cash (which the receiver pays) are far steeper than an EFT so, in order to benefit the beneficiary maximally, make a bank deposit from account to account and don’t deposit cash.
- Don’t shortchange your pastor to meet the needs of others. This needs to be said. A church’s first responsibility is to meet the needs (not wants) of their appointed pastor and staff. A church’s eldership keeps watch over your souls “with joy and not with groaning” (Heb 13:17) and when they do watch with joy, this will be an advantage to the local church.
- Be generous. The “righteous are generous” (Ps 37:21) and “whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully” (2 Cor 9:6). So follow God in graciousness.
- Attitude is crucial. “God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Cor 9:7) so give “not reluctantly or under compulsion” (2 Cor 9:7). God looks at both the amount and the heart of the giver.
- Needy Pastor’s Fund (NPF). We assist in the financial support of needy pastors that are under-supported by their churches. If you would like to earmark your gift for the Needy Pastor’s Fund, please use the following deposit description; “Your church’s name, NPF”