Recognising the autonomy of the local CHURCHES and FELLOWSHIPS and therefore their voluntary participation in the projects and functions which the ASSOCIATION shall agree to pursue, the ASSOCIATION shall seek:
- Fellowship in Christ: to promote and to provide opportunities for Christian fellowship, and to promote unity and brotherly love among the CHURCHES, the pastors and all the Baptists in the area.
- Fellowship in ministry: to provide the opportunity and possibility for the CHURCHES, pastors and people to perform together ministries and services which they would not easily be able to do alone.
- Fellowship in material possessions: to seek to provide resources to assist the CHURCHES, the pastors and the members to serve the Lord more effectively.
- Fellowship in care and vision: to provide care, guidance, challenge and vision to the CHURCHES, pastors and members.
- Fellowship in church planting: to seek to establish, assist and nurture Baptist churches and fellowships in the area.
- Fellowship in missions and evangelism: to encourage evangelistic outreach and missionary activity among CHURCHES, FELLOWSHIPS and individual Baptists and thus to advance the Kingdom of God in the ASSOCIATION’S area and further afield.
- Fellowship with other Baptists: to assume such functions and responsibilities on behalf of the UNION as may be mutually agreed upon.
- Fellowship in Faith: to disseminate Baptist Principles and to advocate religious liberty for all.